PASSPORT RENEWAL CHECKLIST (PDF Printable Version)
* GATHER ALL THE DOCUMENTS ON THIS CHECKLIST *
- Call us at 1-800-573-3738 when ready to ship.
- Please include a copy of your order confirmation email in the FedEx envelope
1) United States Passport
- Your passport must have been valid for 10 years and have expired within the last 5 years to be renewed - You may renew a still valid 10 year passport - Child passports are only valid for 5 years and therefore cannot be renewed - If your name has changed you also must provide a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court document - Your passport must be in good condition
2) DS-82 Form Completed Online & Printed With Barcode
- Digitally Typed and Printed State Department DS-82 Passport Application
https://pptform.state.gov/ (handwritten form NOT acceptable)
- Go Past the privacy disclaimer – and on the next page click SUBMIT under “Apply Online”
- Enter all passport information requested by the State Department – asterisk fields required
- “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite at Agency Fee & $110 Passport Book
Fee) click SUBMIT - “Next Steps” Page – Scroll to the bottom of the page and click CREATE
FORM - Your completed Passport Application will open as a PDF document, PRINT IT OUT
3) Passport Photo
One Recent Passport Photo - Go to your local Kinko's, CVS, or Photo Shop (Do not staple photos to the form) - Must be recent passport photo different from the photo in the old passport
Proof of Travel
Proof of Travel Departure (Include one of the following)
- One clear photocopy of an Airline Plane Ticket Confirmation with your name as the passenger
- If driving across border include a copy of a foreign hotel confirm with your name as the guest
- If traveling for business you may type a company letter ( see sample here )
5) Copy of Valid Identification
Photocopy of Valid State ID (please copy the front and back of ID)
- One clear photocopy of your valid Driver's License, State ID Card, or Military ID
6) Government Fee $170.00
- Passport Fee must be paid with a Personal Check or Money Order payable to “US Department of State” - Write your date of birth in the memo portion of your check or money order - The check or money order must be clearly written - illegible writing, scratch outs, or post dates get rejected - If also applying for a passport card add $30.00 to the government fee
7) Letter of Authorization ( click here )
Complete by hand with blue or black ink. *IMPORTANT*
- Only check the first 2 boxes at the top, do not check the 3rd box.
- Courier Company Name at the bottom should be filled in as "Urgent Passport"
8) Copy of Order Confirmation Email
Please include a copy of your order confirmation email in your FedEx envelope. This is the email you received with all your order details.
How Our Process Works:
1) Submit Order Online
2) Instructions are Emailed
3) Complete Paperwork & Ship!
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!