NEW PASSPORT CHECKLIST (PDF Printable Version)
* DOCUMENTS MUST BE SEALED BY ACCEPTANCE AGENT *
New passport applicants are required by law to appear in person at their local passport acceptance agent. These agents are located at Post Offices and County Clerk's Offices across the country. Search Here:
- Gather all of the documents below and go to your local Acceptance Agent - tell the agent you are using a “Hand Carry Service” - The Acceptance Agent will sign and seal all of the documents below (except copy of email confirm) in a "security envelope" - You then take that “security envelope” and go to FedEx or UPS.
- Call us at 1-800-573-3738 when ready to ship.
- Please include a copy of your order confirmation email in the FedEx envelope
1) Proof of U.S. Citizenship (include one of the following)
- A certified official United States Birth Certificate (Texas and California “Abstract” birth certificates not accepted)
- An expired United States Passport (must be 10 year validity and in good condition)
- Original United States Naturalization Certificate - FS-240, DS-1350, or Certificate of Citizenship (if born abroad)
2) DS-11 Form Completed Online & Printed With Barcode
- Digitally Typed and Printed State Department DS-11 Passport Application
https://pptform.state.gov/ (handwritten form NOT acceptable)
- Go Past the privacy disclaimer – and on the next page click SUBMIT under “Apply Online”
- Enter all passport information requested by the State Department – asterisk fields required
- “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite at Agency Fee & $110 Passport Book
Fee) click SUBMIT - “Next Steps” Page – Scroll to the bottom of the page and click CREATE
FORM - Your completed Passport Application will open as a PDF document, PRINT IT OUT
3) Passport Photo
One Recent Passport Photo - Go to your local Kinko's, CVS, or Photo Shop (Do not staple photos to the form) - Must be recent passport photo different from the photo in the old passport
4) Proof of Travel
Proof of Travel Departure (Include one of the following)
- One clear photocopy of an Airline Plane Ticket Confirmation with your name as the passenger
- If driving across border include a copy of a foreign hotel confirm with your name as the guest
- If traveling for business you may type a company letter ( see sample here )
5) Copy of Valid Identification
Photocopy of Valid State ID (please copy the front and back of ID)
- One clear photocopy of your valid Driver's License, State ID Card, or Military ID
6) Government Fee $195.00 ($170.00 + $25.00)
$170 goes into the sealed envelope. $25 gets paid to the local acceptance agent.
Fee of $170.00 must be paid with a Personal Check or Money Order payable to “US Department of State”
- Write your date of birth in the memo portion of your check or money order
- The check or money order must be clearly written
- illegible writing, scratch outs, or post dates get rejected
- If applying for a passport card add $30.00 to the government fee and add $25.00 to the acceptance agent fee.
7) Letter of Authorization ( click here)
Complete by hand with blue or black ink. *IMPORTANT*
- Only check the first 2 boxes at the top, do not check the 3rd box.
- Courier Company Name at the bottom should be filled in as "Urgent Passport"
8) Copy of Order Confirmation Email (Not to be sealed)
Please include a copy of your order confirmation email loose in your FedEx envelope. Do not let the acceptance agent seal this. This is the email you received with all your order details.
How Our Process Works:
1) Submit Order Online
2) Instructions are Emailed
3) Complete Paperwork & Ship!
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!